Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Angles Make A Difference

This is my first post in my blog. I'm kind of excited to start this! Since I have such a busy schedule, I hope I will be able to keep up with a few posts a week. I will have a photo blog where I will post some of the images I have taken and talk about them.

I love photography. It's a hobby that I started in high school. I was in a yearbook journalism workshop in Roanoke, Virginia the summer before my junior year of high school. One of the speakers was an Award-Winning photographer who had worked for National Geographic, and other magazines. I was amazed by his images and I decided that one day I would be that good.

So now you know why I started photography. Another thing I love is old buildings. I am fascinated by the architecture and style of different buildings. When I was younger, I wanted to be an architect, but I soon found out you had to be good in math to be an architect. So, I'm an architecture admirer. I was walking the Riverwalk a few weeks ago, and decided to take a route I hadn't been down before. That's when I saw the back of the Dan River Inc. Research building. I had driven past this certain building many times, but I never really noticed it until this day. I fell in love with the different angles and heights of this building. I was with my friend Sam and she just didn't understand why I was fascinated with the building. I took several shots of the building and it's different angles. This particular shot I posted is my personal favorite. I sat down on a small hill across the Riverwalk path and got down as low as I could. When I saw the image, I was so happy. The tall grass in the front and the beautiful blue sky gave a great backdrop to this awesome building.

This blog will mainly be about my photography, and the backstory to how I took the image. I hope you all enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment